Sure you could buy one of our best-selling Altitude base layers in a regular colour like black or grey, but if you’re looking to add a little extra fun to your next adventure, this one’s for you. But don’t let the name fool you, this is one seriously good thermal base layer.
The Mongrel is mostly made from our flagship Enigma MicroMerino® – 96% superfine Australian Merino and 4% Elastane for an easy four way stretch. There’s also a few different premium Merino fabric panels thrown in, but rest assured they’re all still super soft and comfortable. The first Mongrel sold out in record time, and we generally make them in fairly limited quantities, so if you’re keen, it’s best to get in sooner rather than later.
Behind its colourful exterior, the Mongrel delivers the soft-touch comfort you’ve come to expect from our Altitude range, as well as natural breathability, temperature regulation, moisture wicking and odour-resistance. Because looks aren’t everything, right?
- Made with a mix of superfine Merino fabrics offering high performance and an incredibly soft next to skin feel.
- Drop back hem designed for tucking into your outer layer, meaning that your skin is never exposed when bending or moving.
- Thumb loops that stop your sleeves riding and bunching under your arms when layering.
- Tag free, flat lock stitching and raglan sleeves eliminating chafing, maximizing comfort and next to skin contact.
What you need to know:
- Layering: Base Layer
- Weight: Lightweight (170 gsm)
- Fit: Contact
- Length: Drop back hem – extra length at the back
- Main Fabric: Enigma – 96% Merino & 4% Elastane. Fabric panels: 100% Merino, 100% Merino Jersey and 75% Merino/25% Combed Cotton
Natural MicroMerino® benefits:
- Naturally breathable and temperature regulating. Helps keep you warm when it’s cool and cool when it’s warm.
- Moisture Wicking. Stays warm even when it’s wet and naturally wicks moisture away from the skin for extra comfort.
- Odor-Resistant. Natural antimicrobial properties to prevent odor – especially good for travelling and extended adventures.
- Made with only the softest, finest Australian Merino wool. Designed and knitted in Australia for adventure.
- An ethically and sustainably produced natural fibre. Good for the people who make it. Good for the planet.