1.1. Moses & Son is committed to protecting the privacy of the people (Contact or Individual) with whom it has dealings including employees, contractors, customers and suppliers. Moses & Son abides by the Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth) in order to maintain information handling standards. Full details of the Australian Privacy Principals are available at www.oasc.gov.au
1.2. This Policy sets out the management of personal information throughout Moses & Son.
2. Types of Personal information collected
Personal information held by Moses & Son may include a Contact’s name, their date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone number, mobile number, facsimile number, email address, banking details, ABN etc.
3. Why Moses & Son collects information
Generally we collect and use personal information about Contacts and Individuals to establish records to provide a service. The information is collected for the purpose of assisting our internal administration, Operations and Services including our account, finance and payroll functions as well as record keeping and archiving.
4. How Moses & Son collects personal information
4.1. Moses & Son collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from Contacts when Contacts provide information or instructions;
- by providing a client, organisation or other Contact with services or solutions;
- offering employment to an Individual; and
- business development.
4.2. Reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that an Individual is aware of why Moses & Son is collecting personal information about them, what it will be used for, who it will be disclosed to and how to access it.
5. When Moses & Son will disclose personal information
5.1. The use and disclosure of an Individual’s personal information will only be for the purpose for which it was collected or for related secondary purpose (a purpose other than the primary purpose but is related to the primary purpose) unless:
- Moses & Son is under a legal duty to disclose personal information about a Contact or Moses & Son is otherwise compelled to disclose such information; or
- the Contact has consented to its use or disclosure.
5.2. Moses & Son will not disclose personal information of a Contact to a third party for their own purpose without their express consent.
6. Personal information of Contacts to be kept up-to-date
Moses & Son will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information provided by the Contact. Team Members should recommend that Contacts:
- let Moses & Son know if there are any errors in their personal information; and
- keep Moses & Son up to date with any changes to personal information such as name, address and telephone number.
7. Individuals can access their personal information
7.1. An Individual is entitled to access their personal information that Moses & Son holds about them, unless Moses & Son has a legal duty of confidentiality or non-disclosure. Access to personal information is subject to some exceptions by law, eg. employee records are exempt under the Privacy Act.
7.2. All requests for access should be handled in a reasonable amount of time and any refusal for access must be endorsed with reasons and exceptions under the Privacy Act.
7.3. Moses & Son will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaints about the way it manages personal information.
8. How Moses & Son stores and secures personal information
8.1. Moses & Son stores personal information in a combination of secure computer based storage facilities and paper based files and records.
8.2. Moses & Son has taken a number of steps to protect personal information from misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, modification or loss.
8.3. Moses & Son generally uses accepted technology and security so that it is satisfied that personal information is transmitted safely to it through the internet or other electronic means.
9. Contact details
If you have any queries about this Policy or wish to gain access to personal information Moses & Son may hold about you, please contact the person authorised by the Managing Director to act as Moses & Son’ Privacy Officer.