Moses & Son are excited to announce the launch of the new initiative, designed to encourage wool producers and wool classers in the uptake of WoolClip! The recently released technology is revolutionising the data collection and management of wool harvesting, transport and logistics.
Moses & Son have committed to offering $1/bale rebate to encourage wool producers and wool classers to use the AWEX WoolClip application for their future shearings.
The offer is aimed at highlighting the indirect cost to wool producers in collecting and processing data several times in the preparation and sale process. We are also excited to explore the expected efficiency gains throughout the pipeline, made possible by this innovative piece of software.
Using WoolClip benefits the wool grower, wool classer, wool broker and warehouse by:
- Allowing data capture on farm either online or offline,
- Reducing the error rate (e.g. no duplicate bale numbers or erroneous descriptions),
- Easy to build specifications (no manual cross checking),
- Ability to set up multiple users working as a Team,
- Ability to complete the NWD electronically,
- Immediate transfer of Classer Specification information/data to the broker/warehouse,
- eBale ready (RFID), and
- Data security.
Marty Moses, Managing Director of Moses & Son, said “I have been involved with the development and trialled the early version of WoolClip. Since its inception half a decade ago, we immediately recognised the power and the value of this tool in the wool classing, logistics and transport pipeline. In fact, the RFID tag concept started two decades ago, so it’s great to finally visualise the WoolClip program with the ability to capture the Electronic bale ID within the smart phone App.
“We are so excited that this technology is finally materialising”.
We were thrilled when, three years ago, we commissioned the building of a totally automatic sampling machine. The installation allowed us to capture all the efficiencies of Artificial Intelligence systems, which we believe will arrest the labour costs in our material handling areas of our business. However, without classer and producer uptake, we cannot gain the effectiveness we have projected.
The encouraging thing is that the uptake so far has been very good, and we believe that this will keep growing quickly especially if producers can recognise the tangible benefits to all along the wool handling and transport pipeline.
Moses & Son staff are trained in WoolClip support and will be working with producers to set up an account and encouraging more classers to come on board. We are even working with contractors to ensure they are aware of the implications of this technical revolution in the industry. Our initiative will run for 12 months and then we will assess the uptake and effectiveness of the incentive.”
Marty Moses – Managing Director Moses & Son
Terms & Conditions
Start Date 01/07/2019
Finish date 30/06/2020
Rebate amount $1.00 per bale rebated on the Account Sales
- The Grower and the Wool Classer must use AWEX Woolclip.
- Generally speaking there is no follow up required after receiving the Wool Clip Specification.
- Wool Specification and NWD must be completed and submitted within a timely fashion. (Within 1 week of the wool arriving).
- There are no errors in the clip. Specifications and all bales are accurately documented.
- Bale weights must meet the parameters defined in the Code of Practice for the 2019-2021 Preparation of Australian Wool Clip. ( Min 120kg- Max 204kg)
- Minimum bale weight, where a light weight bale is delivered as a part of a line or lot of wool (2 bales or more) and one of the bales in the lot is underweight then this will exclude the clip from qualifying.
- Where a bale is less than 120 kg and is a single bale line (that is it will not lot with another line of wool ) the clip will still qualify for the Woolclip rebate.