Wed26Jul2017(9 am – 3 pm)'Fernleigh' 1 Boreamble Road, Kikoira, NSW, 2669
Realising Performance Potential - FREE Workshop
The AWI developed and funded RPP workshop is designed for apparel wool producers aimed at lifting lifetime performance from their Merino ewes. RPP identifies key practical actions for commercial enterprises to implement on farm to achieve this performance aim.
The RPP workshop was piloted extensively in 2016 and feedback obtained from wool producers during the pilot phase has helped fine tune the program for national roll out in 2017.
RPP assists the commercial self-replacing Merino production sector in recognising and placing appropriate importance on the total lifetime productivity potential and value of their Merino ewes (fleece, meat, surplus stock) and aims to achieve a minimum weaning rate of 95% from Merino joinings.
RPP is designed to complement the AWI-funded Lifetime Ewe Management (LTEM) Program and provide pathways into other AWI supported training opportunities.
THE 5 KEY THEMES OF RPP
1. Understand Ewe Lifetime Performance – Passengers v Performers
2. Lift Ewe Performance as a National Priority
3. The 3 Key Performance Practices:
– Condition Score
– Wet/Dry at Marking
4. Turning potential to profit – Lamb and Wean Well
5. Strategies for Success – Management Calendar
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RPP
• single day workshops (9 am – 3 pm)
• conducted on commercial properties, using commercial sheep
• Maximum 20 participants per workshop
• fully catered
• free for AWI shareholders
• delivered by Dr Paul Swan
• a full set of notes, including a management calendar and useful tools
• an opportunity to provide detailed feedback to improve further training opportunities
• information on pathways for future training
• a certificate of completion
WHEN AND WHERE
AWI has contracted SCAA Shearer Woolhandler Training Inc. a Registered Training organisation who specialise in wool harvesting and agriculture training to coordinate
the RPP workshops nationally.
Date: Thursday 26th July
Where: 'Fernleigh' 1 Boreamble Road,
Kikoira, NSW, 2669
Host: Mark Hoskinson
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER
Contact Leigh Kildey – 0439 719 332 or